David is one of the most recognised figures in the UK communications industry – a brand-building public relations specialist who has worked across client sectors, both internally and externally, to enhance and protect reputations.
CEO (Global) – Private Equity Gateway Group
VP (M and A) – TKK Capital Limited
Listed within the industry’s Power Book of leaders, he has worked in-house at some of the world’s leading sector brands and for 15 years at one of the most high-profile international agencies, Bell Pottinger, becoming its Group Managing Director. David has worked extensively across the transport, travel & leisure sectors, and is regarded as an expert in crisis and issues management having dealt with some of the biggest communication challenges for the past three decades. He set up how own business, Junction Communications, in 2015.
David began his career as a local/regional journalist, before working as PR Manager for P&O Ferries, Head of News and then Managing Editor BATV at British Airways, and Head of Communications for Pfizer UK. He joined Bell Pottinger to be lead global communications advisor to Emirates Airline & Group in 2000 – devising a strategic marcomms platform that remains in place today, while also implementing communication campaigns that resonated worldwide.
In 15 years at one of the world’s largest PR businesses, David also represented a range of other organisations in the transport, travel & leisure sector and work for further relevant clients including:
- Airlines –Etihad Airways, Fly Dubai, Monarch, SriLankan Airlines, VLM & Air France;
- Tour operators: Canadian Affair, Cosmos Holidays, Thomson, Monarch Holidays;
- Hotel properties – Al Maha Desert Resort, Biras Creek in the BVI, Chelsea FC Hotels, The Dorchester, Le Meridien Al Aqah in Fujairah/UAE, Wolgan Valley Resort & Spa, NSW, Australia;
- Airports – Dubai International, London Gatwick and Farnborough airports;
- Cruise Industry – Carnival Corp, Cunard Line, P&O Cruises, & CLIA – the international cruise industry association;
- Manufacturers – Airbus, BAE Systems, Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE), Saab Technologies;
- Governments (tourism campaigns) – Argentina, Beijing/China, Chile, Dubai/UAE, Peru, Sri Lanka;
- Other – Zabeel Properties – through its construction of hotels and serviced apartments in Dubai, private jet charter business Fly Victor, global satellite communications business Inmarsat, Abu Dhabi global investment vehicle Mubadala; plus individuals including HRH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, Princess Haya bint Hussein and New International CEO Rebekah Brooks during the UK newspaper hacking crisis.